Here are a couple of good tips when wearing a red lipstick:
– Don’t wear too much lipgloss, if any! If you choose to wear lipgloss then apply it toward the middle of the lip only in a small amount.
– Do wear a lip primer to prevent from bleeding.
– Choose a matte texture instead of a high shine or moisturizing formula so your lipstick will last longer.
-Do blot your lips!
– Wear concealer around your lips for a more precise lip line and clean look.
– For deeper skin tones, try either MAC Mahogany Lip Pencil or Chestnut Lip Pencil instead of MAC Brick.
– Do carry a compact with you because when wearing a red lipstick you will be touching up throughout the night!
– Speaking of night time, red lipstick is great for a night time look!
– Wear a softer eye that is not so dramatic since a red lip should be the main focus of your look.