Here is how you can do your pedicure in about 25 minutes or less
For doing a pedicure at home you will need:
• A nail file of high quality
• A foot file
• A plastic or glass bowl big enough for a foot bath with warm water
• Cotton balls
• Two tablespoons of sugar
• Five table spoons of oil, and optional three drops of essential oil or lemon juice.
• A cuticle stick
• Nail polish remover
• Two fluffy towels and two small towels
• Optional: nail polish of your preferred colour and colour base.
• Hand or body lotion and oil (it can be body oil or a light vegetable oil such as olive or sunflower)
• A nail cutter
• Identify a good place to get your pedicure; it has to have a comfortable chair. Place all the ingredients and tools next to it. Place one of the towels on the floor.
• Mix five tablespoons of oil, a bit of essential oil or lemon juice and sugar.
• Prepare the foot bath with warm water and four tablespoons of oil.
• Start with the pedicure. Eliminate any nail polish you may have.
• Cut your nails and file them to the desired shape
• Put your feet into the water and let them be there for 10 minutes (at least 5 minutes if you do not have time)
• Now rub your cuticles with the stick to remove dry cuticles
• Apply the scrub on your feet. Make sure every area is treated.
• Wash it out with the foot bath water, dry the feet and move the foot bath to the side.
• Gently apply some oil or cream to the nail and massage the cuticles
• Wrap the towel around your feet and leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes.
• Get your foot file and rub it on the rough areas. If you are not applying polish, you are done; if not
• Apply the base coat (transparent nail polish), wait for a minute or two and apply one coat of colour. Wait for three minutes and apply the second coat.