1. Lifestyle habits are often to blame for sexual dysfunction. Excess alcohol, smoking, lack of exercise affects overall health.
2. Poor pelvic muscles can also cause problems. Kegel exercises are a great way of overcoming this. To perform these exercises, tighten your pelvic muscles as if you’re stopping your stream of urine. Hold for a count of five, relax and repeat.
3. Counselling is also recommended. Talking with a sex therapist or counselor can help if the problem is due to emotional or psychological factors.
4. Be open with your partner. Talking things out frankly can help him understand you better. ØVisit a doctor. If the problem is due to physiological reasons, a doctor is the best person to turn to for help.
5. Vitamin C increases blood flow. It is also known to increase the libido of women.
6. Vitamin E promotes hormone production and as such can treat sexual problems.
7. Essential fatty acids found in evening primrose oil, fish oil and borage oil help people with sexual dysfunction by improving blood circulation.
8. Dhea, a hormone produced by the body’s adrenal gland, diminishes as women grow older. Dhea supplements may help restore libido in older women.
9. Herbs like glycerites (glycerine extracts) and tinctures (alcohol extracts) are also helpful. These can be bought in the form of capsules.
10. A combination of arginine, ginseng, gingko, and damaina (Turnera diffusa ) and certain vitamins and minerals can treat sexual dystfunction in women.
11. Yohimbe combined with arginine can increase sexual arousal.
12. Taking hot and cold baths simultaneously can increase sexual feelings in women. One can sit in a tub of hot water for three minutes and then in cold water for one minute. Repeat thrice at one go. Doing this for three to four days each week can help.