There is no simpler way to bring a smooth glow to your skin than with honey beauty recipes. Honey’s ability to absorb and retain moisture make it an ideal ingredient in a lot of cosmetics as it helps keep skin hydrated and fresh and prevents drying. It is known that ancient beauties regularly applied a mixture of honey and milk to the face to keep the skin young-looking, radiant, and smooth.
Honey's natural antioxidant and anti-microbial properties help to protect the skin from the damage of the sun's rays, supports the skin's ability to rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin, leaving it feeling silky soft and supple. One of the most common skin benefits of honey is related to minor acne treatment. Honey absorbs impurities from the pores on the skin, making it an ideal cleansing agent. With the wide-ranging of honey and skin care recipes, it is no wonder that there exists a huge number of honey products in the market for hair care, baby care, skin care for sunscreen, hand lotions, facial scrubs and moisturizers. And for instance, the Manuka Honey Lip Balm is an effective and natural moisturiser. It contains sun protection properties to soothe and protect the lips from becoming dry and chapped in cold and dry weather.
1. A facemask of egg white and honey gently removes the tan from your face.
2. Mix oats with honey, yogurt and ground almonds. Apply this in your face, leave it for five minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
3. Take 1/3-cup cocoa, three teaspoons of heavy cream, 1/3-cup ripe papaya, 1/4-cup honey and three teaspoons of oatmeal powder. Mix it all together. Apply on your face. After 10 minutes, wash your face with warm water. This is best for oily skin
4. Mix honey, lemon and vegetable oil .This mixture is a good moisturiser for dry . Apply this mask for 10 minutes.
5. Apply the mixture of honey and milk on the face . This will make your skin glow.
6. Mix half-a-cup honey to your bath water for soft and smooth skin.
7. Apply the mixture of tomato juice and honey on the face and neck , wash it after 15 minutes.
8. Mix 1 table spoon of barley powder with half teaspoon of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply it on the face and wash after 20 minutes
Fruit Mask for Glowing Skin
Honey, as needed (about 1/8 cup)
1/4 orange, peeled
1. Whiz fruits (but not honey) in your blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Wash face and pat dry. Immediately apply a thin layer of honey, then smooth the fruit mixture evenly over the honey.
3. Allow mask to remain in place for at least 15 minutes, then wash off with warm water and gently pat dry.