We all love our jewellery, don’t we? Especially those big, chunky tribal art pieces of silver or oxidized jewellery, they are one of the most followed or adapted jewellery trend of this year and why not, they have all the good reasons to be loved, they look so chic and make you bedazzled and the best thing about them is that the right pieces can be worn with both traditional and western outfits but these kind of jewellery need special care and pampering after all, they enhance your look and make you look more classy and sassy, so it becomes our duty to devote few minutes of our busy schedules on their maintenance.
This post is all about “How to keep or maintain silver or oxidized jewellery?”
The following points will help you in maintaining and storing your jewellery:-
● Storage- Storage plays an important role in keeping your jewellery shining and tarnish free, never keep your jewellery open or exposed to air, store them in a box after wrapping them in a piece of cloth or felt.
● Never store your silver or oxidized jewellery in s plastic bag or cover as it causes dampness which allows moisture to enter, hence jewellery gets tarnished.
● Make sure to clean your jewellery with warm water after every use and dry them completely before storing them.
● We never go out without wearing lotions and perfumes but remember they have chemicals in them which are not friendly for your jewellery, they tarnish them, so to avoid it apply lotions, creams and perfumes before putting on your jewellery and make sure they are dry.
● Avoid wearing silver or oxidized jewellery during shower, hot bath, food, drinks, while cooking and if by mistake you wear them while doing any of these chores, rinse your jewellery immediately under cold water and pat dry them with a soft cotton cloth.
Whether you wear your jewellery often or once or twice a month, they need to be clean every week and we give you some simple and easy home remedies to clean them:-
● Toothpaste- It is not just for cleaning your teeth but it comes to rescue for various other cleaning too like iron, c.d and your silver jewellery too. The technique is just same as brushing your teeth and it really works.
● Next hack for cleaning silver jewellery is make a paste with 2 cups of water and 1 cup of soda and then rub it gently with the help of a toothbrush.
● In a bowl take 2 cups of white vinegar and 2 spoon of salt, soak your jewelry force minutes and voila!
● Pour some beer on a soft cloth and rub it gently on jewelry with a soft clorh.
● Put your jewellery inna bowl of tomato ketchup for 5-10 minutes and rinse under cold water.
● Lastly we give you the most trusted and used method for cleaning silver and oxidized jewellery, you just have boil 1 cup of water, 1 spoon of soda, 1 spoon of sea salt, then place aluminium foil in a glass or baking dish, then pour 1/2 cup of white vinegar and put your jewellery immediately into that mixture and rest of what you will see is pure magic.
Dear Metroholicas, make sure to pat dry your jewellery always with a soft fabric.
These simple rules and hacks are safe, convenient and tested, just read and follow them wisely and keep your silver or oxidized jewellery shiny and tarnish free forever and Be Fashionable…!!!