Are you suffering from insomnia? Here are some tips which will help you to fall asleep faster
- Keep a check on your diet to ensure that you’re not ingesting large amounts of caffeine within a few hours of retiring.
- Try to cut back on the pace of your physical activity at least one hour before retiring.
- It is better to refuse to participate in any disturbing or stimulating discussions in the last hour before retiring for the night. Don’t watch the news just before going to bed.
- Take a calming, satisfying book to bed. Get under the covers and read lying on your back.
- Try to play a relaxation tape at bedside. Some are recorded just for this purpose or choose your own from the easy-listening section of your music-store.
- Select a pleasant, satisfying fantasy to run through in your mind once the lights go out. Keep searching for one that works consistently for you.
- Don’t think about going to sleep; focus on getting as cozy and as comfortable as you can in bed.
- After lying in bed for thirty minutes without falling asleep, get up and do something relaxing. Then return to bed for a fresh start.
- But if your problem is serious, and all the above tips do not work, take an appointment at the sleep disorder clinic at the nearest medical centre as soon as possible.