Serving Description: makes approximately 2 1/2 cups
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in all the sliced onions and sauté until golden brown, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After the onions are browned and carmelized, add in the vinegar, sugar and cranberries.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the cranberries start to pop and the juices thicken slightly, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the chipotle chiles.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- Note – this recipe can easily be doubled and can also be make up to 5 days in advance. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to use. Bring back to room temperature before serving.