Gram Flour – 1 cup
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Coconut – 4 cups, grated
Sugar – 6 cups
Ghee – 1 1/2 cups
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Kesari Powder – 1 tblsp
Water – 1 1/2 cups
1. Heat a little ghee in a pan.
2. Separately fry the gram flour and wheat flour.
3. Keep aside.
4. Separately fry the cashewnuts and 1 cup of grated coconut in little ghee.
5. Mix water with the remaining 3 cups of grated coconut and extract 1 cup of thick milk and 2 cups (2nd stage and 3rd stage) of thin milk.
6. Add sugar with one cup of thin coconut milk (3rd stage) and gently bring to a boil.
7. Add the other cup of thin milk and stir well until sugar has completely dissolved.
8. When it reaches an one string consistency, add the thick coconut milk and stir.
9. Add the fried gram flour, wheat flour and grated coconut.
10. Gently simmer till it starts to thicken.
11. Add cashewnuts, cardamom powder and kesari powder.
12. Add the remaining ghee and mix.
13. When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan, transfer to a greased plate and cool.
14. Slice into desired shapes.
15. Store in an airtight container.